This was passed along to us by the Committee to Stop FBI Repression. Follow this link to register for the conference. – hastenawait
Sat, 2011-02-19 10:00 – 17:00
Chapel Hill, NC United States
Southern regional organizing conference of the Committee to Stop FBI Repression.
The conference will be held Saturday Feb. 19 at the UNC Law School in Chapel Hill, NC, from 10:00AM to 5:00pm. Please register now.
You can make an online donation to support the conference – please put “FBI Conference” in the “designation” section of the donate form.
Directions and parking information are available on the UNC School of Law website.
9:30am – 10:00am Registration
10am – 10:10am Opening remarks from conference organizers
10:10am – 10:30am Subpoenaed activists Meredith Aby and Steff Yorek give overview of case
10:30am – 10:45am Call for donations to the legal support fund
11:00am – 12:15pm Panel
History of FBI and Political Repression Against People’s Movements.
- Moderated by Elena Everett from Raleigh FIST.
- Lewis Pitts; Raleigh NC.
- Efia Nwangaza, US Human Rights Network; Atlanta GA.
- Theresa El-Amin, Southern Anti Racism Network; Columbus GA
- Dianne Mathiowetz, International Action Center, Atlanta GA.
12:15 – 1:15pm Lunch
1:15pm – 2:45pm Panel
Grand Juries, Material Support of Terrorism, the Legal and Political Context of the September 24 Raids
- Peter Gilbert, National Lawyers Guild; Durham NC.
- Representative of In the Name of Humanity; Rocky Mount NC.
- Khalilah Sabra, MAS Freedom; Raleigh NC.
- Maureen Murphy, Palestine Solidarity Group; Chicago IL.
- Steff Yorek, Freedom Road Socialist Organization; Minneapolis MN.
- Jennifer Rudinger, ACLU; Durham NC.
2:45pm – 3:00pm Break
3:00pm – 3:45pm Organizing reports from around the South
3:45pm – 4:30pm Discussion of upcoming actions and protests
4:30pm – 5:00pm Summing up the conference
Sponsors of this conference include
- ACLU of North Carolina
- Asheville Committee to Stop FBI Repression
- Atlanta International Action Center
- Balance & Accuracy in Journalism (BAJ)
- Blackwater Watch
- Durham Bill of Rights Defense Committee
- Durham County Libertarian Party
- Freedom Road Socialist Organization
- Freedom Road Socialist Organization/OSCL
- Green Party of the US
- Internationalist Books
- Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions (ICAHD-USA)
- Jews for a Just Peace
- Muslim American Society Freedom Foundation
- National Lawyers Guild at UNC Chapel Hill
- NC Stop Torture Now
- North Carolina Peace Action
- Orange County Bill of Rights Defense Committee
- Orange County Peace Coalition
- Peace and Justice Committee, Community Church of Chapel Hill UU
- Raleigh F.I.S.T.
- Raleigh Fruitcakes
- SDS – Asheville
- SDS – Tuscaloosa
- SDS – UNC Chapel Hill
- Southern Anti-Racism Network
- Triangle Committee to Stop FBI Repression
- UE Local 150
- US Human Rights Network
- Veterans for Peace, Eisenhower Chapter
- Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom–Triangle Branch
- Conference is free and open to the public, but we are asking for $5-20 sliding scale donation to help cover costs.
- Lunch is $5, no one will be turned away.
- Need childcare? Let us know the number of kids and their ages.
- Need housing? Contact housing coordinator email@example.com